Whoa. Tough one. Even though I work in color all the time, I don't usually think in terms of color. I think I'll flip this one on its ear and give you ten favorite pictures with red in them. Thanks Carole!
1. Of course, since I live in St. Louis, one of my favorite red things might include the St. Louis Cardinals. I don't know if you were paying attention last year, but we had a pretty good season until the end there.
Here we are at a World Series game in St. Louis : my favorite priest, myself and Dear Daughter.
2. We had to win the NLCS to get to the world series, of course, and that was a little more fun!
Hubster and Dear Daughter and yours truly at the NLCS championship game. There are even hand knits.
3. See all the fun?
4. Loved knitting this E. L. F. hat -- inspired by the pattern, but not in fingering weight yarn. Nephew's lucky he got this one... I love it.
5. Our botanical garden did a walk-through holiday event this year. Hot chocolate, roasted marshmallows, and our garden all lit up. It was pretty fun. Cold, but fun.
6. Knit friend Lauren's baby Elodie was born this fall. Knit friend Deborah finished her Dreambird KAL around the same time. I tried this pattern and it kicked my hiney -- **jealous** -- but this picture is a lovely one and it's got red in it... ; )
7. Dear friend Sr. Rosemary moved away from us this summer -- we had a party in the back yard to send her off in style. Rosemary and I were altos together in the church choir. She's moved on to teach high-school math elsewhere in Missouri. I miss her.
8. Knit alongs figure pretty large in my life right now -- I run them for two days a week and field questions about them the rest of the time... and I love doing them. One of my favorites so far has been the Rockefeller. 32 women and I knit this scarf together. My knitters ranged from beginner (Rockefeller was her first finished project) to this very experienced lady. Isn't she gorgeous?!
9. Our trip to Kiawah this summer finally resulted in my getting to go to Husk! Reservations at this award-winning restaurant had eluded me until this trip. I forget what I ate by now, but the dinner was lovely and I got to share it with family and visiting friends. Fr. John again... and Fr. Stephen who visited us in Kiawah, and Hubster, Daughter and Dear Brother-in-Law. So fun! Fr. Stephen and I are wearing red, see?
10. Not red, but orange, I guess, but my favorite selfie of the year. Here are Dear Daughter, myself, and Grandpa visiting Kennedy Space Center -- we took Granny and Grandpa to see Hubster's project there. What a grand trip it was, getting to share that marvelous venue with family.
There. 10 favorite red -ish things. Whew.